Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life is Good....and so is Red's Icehouse!!

So as most people know my wife, Tara, is now a medical doctor. She is starting her intern year as a resident at MUSC. Last night was a meet and greet for the internal medicine residents at a place called Red's Icehouse in Mt. Pleasant on Shem Creek. Of course we were the very first ones there as usual whenever we go anywhere. I guess the old State Trooper in me will always be early. Like I was always told if you're early, you're on time....if you're on time, you're late! So I get to meet some very nice ladies and kinda just stand there for a while waiting for food to be put out. Well the first person shows up and she was really nice, Mandy. She is starting on the same rotation with Tara. Then another shows and another person shows and it was really crowded which was nice except I can't remember everyone's name. I got to catch up with some people I am really looking forward to get to know from WVU, Joe and Holly. Everyone was really nice and friendly. The food was really good, with hush puppies, wings, fried chicken, etc and free beer/wine to go with that as well. I did have a really good time meeting people and getting to know others a little better which gives me hope that Tara and I will be able to build a close community over time. Now back to Red's Icehouse. The thing about this place is its on Shem Creek so if you have a boat you can just pull up outside and dock. What is really awesome is that dolphins swim up and down the channel!!!! So this place offers good food, good fun and friendly atmosphere, and an amazing view. I definitely look forward to getting to hang out here again. So the moral of the story is life is good....and so is Red's Icehouse!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home