Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life is Good....and so is Home Team BBQ!

Yesterday as Tara started her first real day of residency at MUSC, David and Janine Brown are visting for the weekend. Janine was working so David asked I wanted to try to find a BBQ place for lunch. He checked on line for some places close and we decided on hitting up Home Team BBQ on Ashley River Road. We got there and parked around back and there is a place outside to sit with the game corn hole and a tv set up. When you walk in from the back you enter the bar side with a bunch of tables set up for lunch. Then we walked around the corner and saw a line of people. We hopped in line and looked over the menu. We both decided to get the pulled pork platter that came with pork, corn bread, and two sides. I got mac n cheese with potato salad and David got grits and mac and cheese. We get through the line and David paid for lunch, which was very nice of him. He got his tray but the gentleman that took my order was still making a plate for someone else so I went ahead and got my sweet ice tea. David went ahead and sat down. I waited for about five other customers to get there food before I approached the gentleman and asked if he forgot about me. He quickly apologized and continued to make my plate. He said he saw me standing there being all patient so he was gonna bless me which he did by giving me a big helping of pulled pork. He also calls everyone baby which is kinda nice. It doesn't matter if you are a kid, girl, guy, old guy, he called everyone that came through baby. Anyway I finally sat down with David and we had a great conversation about upcoming adventures and enjoyed our pulled pork. We tried the different sauces at the table ranging from sweet, hot, and red. Red is the spicy sauce which goes well with a mix of the sweet sauce. The mac and cheese was outstanding and apparently there is a Charleston, SC mac and cheese competition which they won. The potato salad was really good too. David had the grits which is a southern thing and I've only had twice which I didn't really enjoy. However, these grits were creamy and quite tasty and I look forward to trying shrimp and grits sometime in the future. So with a great friend/conversation with David Brown and great food the moral of this story.....life is good....and so is Home Team BBQ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home