Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life is Good....and so is.....

Hello, been a few days since I blogged so I have a lot to catch up on! So just to start off Tara and I got to see Patrick McBride last week and we went back to Jestine's and had to wait a little again but it was so worth it. First of all we got to catch up with Pat which was awesome and made me really miss having him around! Secondly we got to eat some great low country cooking followed by some Coca-cola cake again!!! so good and so worth the wait!! So that was good! Also I've taken up a new hobby....surfing...or at least attempting to surf...I found a board on craigslist and it's a funboard which is 7'6" long and has been awesome to try to learn and I've been able to easily pop up on the board and ride the wave in but that's about it....anyway today was really good because I was at Folly Beach and surfing when I encountered some dolphins, of course I didn't know it was dolphins until after I scrambled to get to shore after seeing the fin, but it was a cool experience and hope it happens often. Also this week friends of Tara and mine were vacationing at the Isle of Palm so Tara finished work on Monday early and we went to the beach to hang with them. It was a great day except for getting stung on the foot by a jelly fish, but it could always be worse I guess. Anyway we spent the day at the beach which is always good. Yesterday we met up with them for dinner at Poogan's Porch which was my first shrimp and grits!! It was super awesome....a little back ground of Poogan's Porch....it's named after a stray dog that hung out on the porch and eventually passed away in 1979 and is actually buried out front of the restaurant....pretty cool...the owner's are also from WV which is also pretty cool! They graduated from Marshall University! the entire experience was really good, Tara got some lowcountry pasta and I get to eat if for lunch today, so I'm looking forward to that! So I'm pretty excited to be living in a place where people we know come to vacation and work! It has been a super blessing! So the moral of this story is life is good....and so is....stay tuned till next time!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home