Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Life is Good....and so was this past weekend!

So I went to Chicago this past weekend. How did I get there? I drove...I left on Friday after Tara went to work at 6 am...I took my time and made a few stops and about 12 hours later I arrived in Indiana to stay with my great friend Noah Campbell! On Friday night he took me out to dinner to a place called Bub's Burgers which had been a stop by Adam Richman from Man Vs Food. I didn't do the challenge as I stopped for lunch at a BBQ joint and ate chicken, ribs, brisket, pulled pork, mac n cheese, french fries, and corn bread. So I wasn't that hungry for dinner but I got the not so ugly burger and it was delicious. Next time I'm in Indy I'm gonna try the challenge! Anyway we hit the sack early and I was up at 6 am on Sat morning and before Noah and I left Indy we filled up on Starbucks before hitting the road to Chicago. I loved catching up with Noah on the 3 hr drive to Chicago. I miss having him in my daily life but was so thankful I had this time with him!!! Anyway we arrive in the outskirts of Chicago and start trying to figure out where to go and we missed an exit but it was ok because we ended up in China town area of Chicago which was pretty cool. We made our way to Wrigley Field to meet up with Jeff Giosi and Kyle Aldhizer before suprising Kent McBride for his birthday! We hit up a place called Sluggers for some food and patiently waited for Kyle and Jeff to get there. Once we got the test message from Sarah McBride that they were in their seats we went into the stadium which is really awesome and if you get a chance to go I would recommend it. I would like to take Tara next year! Anyway Jeff and Noah go in first because they would be the closest to Chicago. Then Kyle and I go in and to say the least he was very surprised that we were there and a big up to Sarah for planning the surprise!!! So we all enjoyed the game which the cubs win...cubs win! This was my first pro baseball game too so that was awesome. We hang out afterwards in Wrigleyville before heading back to the Affina hotel to get showered and catch up. I got to hear about Jeff's love interest and new job which is great! I def miss having this craziness in my life on a daily basis too. I miss having Kyle too, even though he can never tell me what he is doing in work except that its good! haha I miss having a strong community surrounding me and it makes it really hard too! I keep trying to talk people into moving here to Charleston, SC! I'm gonna start on Noah Campbell next! Anyway we all got ready and went to a lounge at the top of the hotel on the 29th floor for drinks and convo before heading out to the John Hancock building for some drinks on the 96th floor...yeah the 96th floor...on one side of the building you can see the ocean and the sun set and on the other you can see the night life of the city! I highly recommend going here and if Tara and I get the chance to go back we will be doing dinner here! So we hang for awhile before heading out to actually eat and hit up a pizza place called Lou Malnati's I believe it was called. It was really good. We ordered two pizza's one deep dish ( delicious) and a thin crust ( not as good) before making our way back to the hotel for a fun game of pencil fighting which Jeff was victor! Good times and great memories! On Sunday morning we hit up a cafe before Kent and Sarah have to depart for the airport and Kyle leaves with Jeff to go back to Michigan and Noah and I head back to Indy. The only thing missing from this trip to Chicago was Tara and I really wish she could have been there, but now I have an excuse to go back because I would really like to spend a weekend with her in Chicago. So as we head out Noah and I get to have some more great conversation and we made great time only about 2.5 hours back to Indy. I jump in my car and fill up on starbucks and hurry back to Charleston, SC in 10.5 hours with only 2 stops all the way back. This weekend was great and made me missing having this family in my daily life! I pray that God puts us all in the same area again some day, but if HE doesn't I'm truly blessed to have had these people in my life at all!!! I really do miss them and was thankful that I could make this trip to Chicago to surprise Kent. I can't wait until the next time we all get to hang out again!!! So....life is good...and so was this past weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home