Monday, August 22, 2011

Life is Good...and so is

Hello! It's been awhile since I blogged but I'll try to update. This past week my mom, Aunt Vicki, and cousin Misti visited Tara and I here in Charleston, SC. The weather for their visit was probable one of the coolest weeks we've had since we moved here! They went to Boone Hall Plantation which they seemed to like and is something that I would eventually like to do but it's not high enough on our list yet. I did take them downtown and walked around the battery and down East Bay Street! Showed them the four corners of law and some beautiful buildings. I started a job at Staples so they did some stuff on their own. I had one day off and they wanted to see the sunrise on Folly Beach so on Thursday I took them out there and while they were taking pictures I took advantage of the time to surf which was awesome. There really is nothing like surfing when the sun is coming up! We walked out to the lighthouse which was pretty cool. I then took them out to a pretty amazing place called the Angel Oak..http://www.angeloaktree.org/history.htm...if ever in the area you should def. check it out. We then ate at one of my fav's Jack's Cosmic Dogs! After that I took them to the Arthur Ravenal Jr. Bridge and Misti got to take some pictures. On Friday we all did a carriage ride around town which I liked alot then we went to dinner at Hominy Grill. I ,of course, got the shrimp and grits as I am on a quest to find the best shrimp in grits in town...Hominy Grill is now in third behind Poogan's Porch and 82 Queen...On Saturday morning before they left I took them to Krispy Kreme doughnuts as they have never had a hot now doughnut. I'm pretty sure they loved them! If you have never had a freshly made hot off the roller glazed doughnut you don't know what you're missing! Anyway, it was awesome to have some family for the week and I hope they get to make it back sometime soon. As I said earlier I finally have a part time job as an office supplies associate at Staples. It's a nice job for me and my manager is super nice. This works well for me as a part time job because as of today I start Grad School to pursue my Master's in Professional Counseling through Liberty University online. I'm a little overwhelmed since I've been out of school since 2004 and have never taken an online class. I'm blessed to have a wife who is encouraging and willing to help me in whatever way possible. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Also today is Schro's third birthday which is also my in-laws 35th wedding anniversary!!! Moral of the story....life is good!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home